Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I can smell spring coming...


It’s coming to the end of the winter training season and being smack dab in the middle of my last training block before I go south for training camp.  Yes there is only so many more sleeps until we leave to go to our home away from home called Rome, GA.
 Coach Dean 'Dino'
I’ll back up a little bit with Coach Dino asking me if I would be able to focus from the 12th til the 24th only on even days doing 6 by 4min intervals.  He asked if I could get this done.  I was like of course I can get this done.  At that point I still had about two weeks to go in my schedule that had me outside running/2 stepping my way up stairs, when the weather was good riding outside and riding the trainer/rollers inside.  The new schedule was stated that even if the weather was good on the weekend I needed to do exactly what I was supposed to do.  On the odd days I have been riding the rollers for a short bit of time to loosen my legs. As usual with all of my workouts I was given specific wattage range and I was hopeful that I could get the top end for all 6 of the 4min intervals.  Well as I normally do I pace myself to see what happens.  So the first couple of times I did the workout I tested myself to see what I could do since it had been a while since I’d really done any sustained efforts at the wattage prescribed.  So after the paced couple of workouts I tried to get the overachiever high wattage and to my surprise I got one of my 4min up there.  I was so happy with myself.  So the next even day I went for it.  It was family day so it was another morning workout which means a less stressful day for the workout and what do you know I did it I got 6 in a row of my highest wattage.  I was estatic.  Couldn't believe it.  I had done it. Tomorrow is another even day but this workout will be after work so I get to see how it goes after work.

Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

  1. I smell spring too (in my mind) because outside it's still just as winter as winter gets.
    LE SIGH!
    love the post!

    ReplyDelete